Friday, November 02, 2007

Baby Gap Casting Call


Ok, Baby Gap had a nation wide casting call. Several people told me I must enter Hannah, which I did, since I have a few hundred images of her. Well, on Wednesday I received a call that she was in the top 20 finalist (top 5 for her age group). Can you say how excited I was, until I was disqualified. Anyone who makes more than 5% of their income from photography was eliminated. :( I'm not sure the reason behind it, the two portaits of Hannah here are straight from the camera. Besides cropping, nothing else was done to them, so it's not like I have "brighten her eyes or made them more blue". Another besides, they are flying all the finalist to San Fran for a photo shoot, which means I couldn't influence the images anyway.
Oh well, it's good to know the "experts" think she's as cute as I do!

On a side note, here's a photography tip. What makes both of these images work is Northern, natural lighting. Turn off your flash and face your subject into Northern light, when you can. There's something truly magical about North light. These sames images would be so-so portraits if she was facing another direction.
Happy Shooting!
www.fortinphotography.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this girl!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! They'll regret not sending her through (or at least Baby Gap will!)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh those baby blues!!!!!!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too unfair!! What if your husband takes the pics? :)
She would have been the most gorgeous GAP baby ever.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home